Monthly drop-in chat with RHS PTSA leadership
Here's your chance to have an informal chat with Roosevelt PTSA leadership outside of a regular Board meeting. Come with concerns, comments, ideas, or just to meet new people. Drop by at any time during the hour, or stay for the whole thing. Chats will occur at different times every month - some over Zoom and some in-person at Caffe Ladro. You can find the full schedule for the year on our website. We look forward to getting to know you!
Monday, October 16, 6 to 7pm | Zoom passcode 016910
Saturday, November 4, Noon to 1pm | Zoom passcode 016910
Tuesday, December 5, 11 to 11am | Caffe Ladro
Monday, January 8, 6 to 7pm | Zoom passcode 016910
Saturday, February 10, Noon to 1pm | Zoom passcode 016910
Tuesday, March 5, 10 to 11am | Caffe Ladro
Monday, April 1, 6 to 7pm | Zoom passcode 016910
Saturday, May 4, Noon to 1pm | Zoom passcode 016910
Tuesday, June 4, 10 to 11am | Caffe Ladro
Welcome, Roosevelt High School families!
About the RHS PTSA:
The RHS PTSA’s mission is to advocate on behalf of children and families, and particularly those community members who have been historically marginalized. Download our info sheet to review some of what we do.
Engage with Roosevelt today!
- Roosevelt PTSA membership! Join or renew now
- Share your volunteer interests
- Help Packs for Teens
- Sign up for the weekly PTSA eNews
- Read through the newsletter archives
- Do you have an announcement for the eNews?
Submit content for the RHS PTSA eNews by Wednesday at 5 p.m. to the RHS Family
eNews editor for Friday publication
- We need a Vice President 2023-24 school year. Consider taking on a role! Got questions? Interested? Please email us.
- Subscribe to the RHS calendar for school activities, including PTSA meetings and events
(available for Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, Outlook 365 and Outlook Live)
Our PTSA, in coordination with the Washington State PTA and National PTA, is strongly involved in advocacy on behalf of children and families, working together to amplify the voices of historically marginalized community members, including Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and LGBTQ+ , as well as families of all religious traditions, families experiencing homelessness or disabilities, and families with special education needs. We seek to provide opportunities for diverse groups to learn from each other, and design new programs to support everyone in our community.
RHS PTSA meetings for 2023-2024. All meetings start at 7 p.m.
- Sept. 12, 2023: RHS 101/General Membership Meeting, Library
- Oct 10, 2023: General Membership Meeting, Staff Lounge/Zoom
- Nov 14, 2022: Board Meeting, Staff Lounge/Zoom
- Dec 12, 2023: Board Meeting, Staff Lounge/Zoom
- Jan 9, 2024: Board Meeting, Staff Lounge/Zoom
- Feb 13, 2024: Board Meeting, Staff Lounge/Zoom
- Mar 12, 2024: Board Meeting, Staff Lounge/Zoom
- Apr 16, 2024: Board Meeting, Staff Lounge/Zoom. Date adjusted for spring break
- May 14, 2024: General Membership Meeting, Staff Lounge/Zoom
RHS BOARD (2023-2024)
President: Natalya Yudkovsky
Vice president: Davina Inslee
Treasurer: Jennifer Mahlum
VP of class funds: Lauren Abraham
VPs of Race and Equity: Sarah Swanberg and Jenny Wu
Secretary: Barry Massoudi
Advocacy chair: Jill Geary
Volunteer chair: Alison Wobbrock
Membership chair: Sonia Kandathil
Communications chair: Kim Nguyen Love
Social Media Communications: Michelle Birdsall
Building Leadership Team representative: Maggie Sweeney
Instructional Council representative: Bonnie Rochman
Staff Appreciation Chair: Shelley Prosise and Jill Yamagiwa
Mini Grants Chair: Jen Boulware
Packs for Teens/Pantry Chair: Bonnie Menon
Special Education Advocacy and Resource Group: Tali Rausch
Roosevelt Athletic Boosters co-presidents: Wendy Sykes